FSSAI LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
If you wish to start your Food Business in India, then FSSAI Registration online or having an FSSAI License is a must. Depending upon the type of business activity and the annual turnover, FSSAI Registration online is divided into 3 types:
1- FSSAI Basic Registration:
For small businesses or start-ups having an annual turnover below Rs. 12 Lakhs, FSSAI Basic License is required.
2- FSSAI State Registration:
For medium-sized food business operators having an annual turnover between Rs 12 Lakhs to Rs. 20 Crores, FSSAI State License is required.
3- FSSAI Central License:
For large food businesses having an annual turnover above Rs. 20 Crores or are operating in multiple cities or states, FSSAI Central License is required.
To apply for an FSSAI License or Registration, the following documents are required so that the concerned authorities can check and verify the information provided by the FBO. This is to ensure the food quality & safety that will be delivered to the consumers.
List of documents required for FSSAI Basic Registration
Following are the requirements for FSSAI registration documents for FSSAI Basic License:
1. Photo ID of the Applicant
2. Documents for Identity proof such as PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, etc.
3. No Objection Certificate by Panchayat or Municipality, Health Department NOC.
List of documents required for FSSAI License for State & Central:
For FSSAI State License & FSSAI Central License, the following is the requirements for FSSAI license registration documents:
1. Completed & Signed copy of Form B.
2. Blueprint or layout of the Manufacturing/Processing Unit showcasing the size (in meters) and Area allocation of the operational area.
Note: Blueprint is required only for manufacturing and processing units applying for FSSAI License.
3. List of all the Directors, Partners, and Executive Members along with their full address and contact details.
4. Complete list of number, installed capacity, and horsepower of all the types of equipment and Machinery to be used.
Note: This is required for Processing and Manufacturing units only.
5. Address & Identity Proof of all the Directors, Partners, Authorized Signatory authorized by Government Authority.
6. A complete list of food categories that a business is intending to manufacture is required to be submitted.
7. An Authority Letter stating the name and address of the nominated person responsible for assisting the officers who come for inspection, sample collection, etc.
8. An Analysis report both chemical & bacteriological of water to be used as an ingredient in food, issued by a recognized/public health.
Note: Mandatory for Manufacturing & Processing units.
9. A copy of the Sale deed or Rent Agreement or Electricity Bill as Proof of premises possession.
10. Food Safety Management- Certificate & Plan.
11. Towards the constitution of the firm, an affidavit of Proprietorship or Partnership Deed or MOA & AOA is required.
12. For Meat Processing Units, the Source of raw material needs to be stated.
13. For business units that are using water as their main or primary ingredient such as Packaged Drinking water, Carbonated water, etc; are required to submit a Pesticide Residue Report that should be verified by a recognized Public Health Laboratory.
14. For business entities that are working as Re-Labellers & Re-Packers, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) or a copy of the License from the original manufacturer is required.
15. For Milk Producing & Processing units, a procurement plan for the source of milk including the exact location of all milk collection centers.
16. Certificate from the Ministry of Tourism.
17. A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Municipality or local body.
18. Recall plan wherever applicable.
19. Form IX – Nomination of individuals by the Company along with the Board Resolution.
20. Self-Declaration for transporters along with the number of vehicles.
FSSAI License Registration- Eligibility for Application
For food businesses, the following are the set conditions that must be met in order to start the FSSAI registration process online. With the help of the above-mentioned documents requirement for FSSAI license registration, the process can be carried out smoothly.
|Items / Dealers||Capacity|
|Food capacity (excluding Milk & Meat products)||Less than 100 kg/ltr per day|
|Milk||500 liters per day|
|Milk Products (Solid)||2.5 MT (metric tonne) per annum|
|Vegetable oil manufacturing/processing||Turnover of up to 100 kg or ltr per day.|
|Meat production & processing||More than 100 kgs or 30 MT per day.|
|Slaughtering capacity||Must be less than 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day|
|Food units other than the above mentioned||100 liters/kg per day|
|Cold storage||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Wholesalers||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Retailers||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Distributors||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Suppliers||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Dhaba owners||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Clubs/Canteen||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Hotels/Restaurant||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
|Transporters||Annual turnover < Rs. 12 lakhs|
Vakilgiri Legals as one of the best FSSAI License Consultants can help you with FSSAI License Registration online at the lowest cost and fastest approval. Get in touch with us and start your FSSAI License Registration process now!!